REASONABLE MODIFICATION OF POLICIES AND PRACTICES
As required by the Federal Transit Administration, Island Transit provides reasonable modification of our policies and practices upon request to ensure that our services are accessible to people with disabilities on our fixed routes as well as paratransit. Whenever possible, please make your request at least 2 business days ahead of time to allow an opportunity for review.
The Reasonable Modification Coordinators are Dee Wells and Kris O’Brochta. You may email your request to email@example.com, or call 360 678-7771, or mail your request to 19758 SR 20, Coupeville, WA 98239. Your request should be as specific as possible and include information on why the requested modification is needed in order to allow you to use Island Transit services. You will be contacted as to the outcome of your request within 2 business days from receipt of your request.
There are three classes of situations in which a request may be denied:
- The request would fundamentally alter the entity’s services, programs, or activities; (example, go out of bounds or beyond service time)
- Granting the request would create a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- Without the requested modification, the individual with a disability is able to fully use the entity’s services, programs, or activities for their intended purpose.
If you feel you have been unfairly denied a reasonable modification, you may file a complaint with Island Transit. Please submit your written complaint to Island Transit, 19758 SR 20, Coupeville, WA 98239 and include:
- Your name;
- Telephone number;
- Date of your request;
- Your specific modification request with as much detail as possible; and
- Why you feel your request was unfairly denied.
All complaints will be reviewed by the Operators Manager and/or Executive Director. You will receive a written response within 10 business days.